[kokua-dev] Dealing with remaining SPAM on the wiki

Borun (a.k.a. Boroondas Gupte) borun at kokuaviewer.org
Thu Apr 5 14:54:39 PDT 2012

It looks like, with wiki account sign-up closed, there hasn't been any
new spam on the wiki for some while now. However, there's still many
remaining spam articles from the time when sign-up was still open and
from right after closing it, when some spammers still had working accounts.

ZATZAi once mentioned there are about 10 steps needed for dealing with a
spam page, including deleting it, deleting the user who created it and
banning the user name and the account for a given period of time. What
are these steps? Once I know the needed steps I might take care of some
of the spam pages. Looks like
http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Special:DeadendPages and
http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Special:LonelyPages might be a good way
to find them.