[kokua-dev] XCode / Mac builds (was: Re: (no subject))

Borun (a.k.a. Boroondas Gupte) borun at kokuaviewer.org
Fri Feb 3 16:30:07 PST 2012

Aloha!

On 02/01/2012 05:46 AM, Nicky Perian wrote:
> The repo's for kokua are likely buggy from a build standpoint since it
> has been so long between mac builds.
Yeah, we haven't had a Mac dev for quite some while now, so we might
have introduced incompatibilities without noticing.

> I suggest, if you haven't, to build viewer-development first as there
> is more documentation and dev's building on mac's. Then, take the
> knowledge
> gained from a to build on v-d and apply to the kokua build.
This suggestion is good for several reasons:

  * If upstream already has build problems for your platform, fixes
    should be contributed there, so everyone can easily profit.
  * We are starting development of Kokua again from LL's latest sources.
    The first step, I think, will be to get them building for all of us
    on the platforms we want to use. Once we've achieved that, we should
    maintain buildability on these platforms while making more changes.
    Even if you (Han or others reading this) don't plan to develop any
    changes yourself, just building the viewer on (and for) Mac and
    reporting when that breaks would be highly appreciated!
  * There's currently an ongoing thread on opensource-dev
    <https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/opensource-dev/2012-January/thread.html#8621>
    (upstream's mailing list) about building on Lion. Maybe you can find
    some valuable information there, or contribute with noteworthy
    information of your own.

Thanks for your interest!
Cheers,
B.

PS: Please write meaningful subject lines when starting threads on this
list. It helps readers to quickly grasp what message is about what
topic, which is important when several discussions are happening
concurrently or when searching something in the archive. Thanks.