[kokua-dev] Reminder: kokua-dev weekly get-together

Borun (a.k.a. Boroondas Gupte) borun at kokuaviewer.org
Tue Jan 31 14:20:16 PST 2012

Aloha, team-mates and other interested people!

As ZATZAi wrote in his summary of the All Hands meeting:
> It is also our intent to finalize the name change from Imprudence to
> Kokua, Imprudence and Kokua are separate viewers and the project has
> historically been called the Imprudence project. The intent was to
> switch from Imprudence to Kokua as the next generation client was
> released but it has been dragged out for quite a while now and caused
> confusion, so we're going to finish the change over to Kokua.

So as our weekly developer inworld meetings will be focusing on Kokua
development from now on, it's probably time to rename them, too. What
should the new name be? Simply "kokua-dev meetup"? Let's move the agenda
page and the wiki article names for future transcripts once we've
settled for a name.

For the same reason, this will be the last time I'll write this reminder
to the ImpDev mailing list, too. If you're interested in Kokua
development, please do subscribe to the kokua-dev list
<http://lists.kokuaviewer.org/listinfo.cgi/kokua-dev-kokuaviewer.org>,
which will continue to receive these reminder emails. (Unless I forget
to send them out.)

But anyhow, until we reschedule (yeah, yeah, I should start another
doodle, I know), this stays the same:

    The meetups
    <http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Category:ImpDev_Meetups> are held
    every Wednesday (thus *tomorrow*, too) at *20:00 UTC* (12:00 PM PST,
    21:00 CET) on 3rd Rock Grid <http://3rdrockgrid.com>, *Hoagie*
    region (190, 165, 28).

    Anyone can add items to the agenda
    <http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/ImpDev_Agenda> to be sure that we
    talk about them at the next meetup.

This reminder email, like the previous ones, was written copy-pasted and
edited manually rather than auto-generated, so don't count on there
being one next week. :-P

Cheers,
B.

PS: As announced last week, I won't be able to attend the weekly meetup
this week (i.e., tomorrow, February 1^st ). Wednesday next week, I'll be
around again, but until then we might already have rescheduled to
another weekday or time of day. Or maybe not. Or not yet. We'll see.