[kokua-dev] Fwd: Beta Version and a Tag

Borun borun at kokuaviewer.org
Mon Jun 4 05:18:44 PDT 2012

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 04:00:06 -0700 (PDT), Nicky Perian wrote:

have version designated all along after the SL version on which based.
Is that correct going forward? Also , I would like recommendations for a
Tag name.

How should we handle viewer version numbers? How was/is it
done for Imprudence or other TPVs? Take the major version from upstream
and roll minor and maintenance ourselves?

For tags you place to
identify versions, I'd go with the version itself as a name (e.g. "3.0.1
beta 1" or if spaces aren't allowed/aren't practical "3.0.1_beta1") or
with product name + version (e.g. "Kokua 3.0.1 beta 1" /
"Kokua-3.0.1_beta1") ... Probably the latter (with product name), so we
don't collide with upstream tags [1], some of which we might want to
keep.

Cheers,
B.

Links: