[kokua-dev] Mac development.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 01:53:19 PST 2013

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:39:49 +0100 Kentron Katana
<kentron at kokuaviewer.org> wrote:

> hi Onefang!
> that is a very good news!
>
> I think it would be cool to support up to snow leopard, since a lot
> of people are still using mac computers from 2008 I send you my list
> on what I did using snow leopard and +

That's pretty much what was on the wiki already.  Apple themselves
still support Leopard, so I think that's a thing to support.
Considering I support Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04 as well.

> About including old SDKs, I'm not sure it is an issue when using
> newer XCode versions.
>
> One workarround would be to do like FStorm project does. (a similar
> script could be modified from here):

I think that's similar to what Nicky added to the SL wiki already.  I
found lots of similar things for adding old SDKs to new Xcodes.

I ended up installing Xcode 3.2.6 on Mountain Lion, and that worked
fine with my Linux build scripts, which is what I use in my release
building script already for Linux and Windows.

> I'll try to attend the meeting today

I'm unlikely to be at that meeting, I usually can only make the monthly
meetings, which is this weekend anyway.  I should have Mac packaging
sorted out by then, and fully scripted.  Likely by the end of the year
I'll have a bunch of Mac issues sorted out and will make another
experimental release.  Then I can start working on a full release early
next year.  B-)

Thanks for your efforts Kentron.