[kokua-dev] Fwd: Beta Version and a Tag

Borun (a.k.a. Boroondas Gupte) borun at kokuaviewer.org
Tue Jun 5 14:17:44 PDT 2012

Hi Nicky

On 06/04/2012 03:13 PM, Nicky Perian wrote:
>  Version of viewer is 3.0.1-_Beta1
Do you mean the version you want to give to the Kokua beta, or the
Second Life Viewer version it is based on? Or are you referring the the
example version I used to illustrate different version tag formats?
(That was just an example.)

> I think it should be 3.3.1-Beta_1
> Or, 3.0.3-Beta_1
Are you talking about the tag format or about the numbers here?

> Minor versions aren't so minor. Usually 100's of changesets between them.
Are you suggesting we thus take also the minor version number from the
upstream version we base upon? (I.e., as we are currently basing on
Second Life Viewer 3.3.0 / 3.3.1, the Kokua versions would be of form
3.3.x ?

Cheers,
Borun